Of course I have plans for 2015 … although I want to slow down a little bit.
Last week I made a lovely and useful stash-busting project: I sewed a grocery bag dispenser. I used the tutorial by Constanca’s Saídos-da-Concha-blog – just changed a few detailsin size to make my pattern matching and added some extra fabrics for the elastic tubes. For lining I used cotton instead of muslin. I love its scrappy look – and my stash box was a bit emptier afterwards (… was 🙂 ).
But now all that I want to do in 2015…
1. Next week I will show you the nearly finished POSTCROSSING QUILT… you remember – it was the reason starting this blog last year in March. I had never did patchwork or quilting before… and started with handsewn cathedral windows… on my way I decided to take another design and I’ll bring it to an end now… suppose coming weekend it’s done, I have only to sew a rest of the binding. But it is still “top secret”.
2. There’s another beginning out of 2014 will be finished: I began to sew a hand appliqued treeskirt… I think it is not very urgent because I have time now until December :-). Generally I hope to improve my appliqué and embroidery skills in 2015.
3. My daughter asked for an own quilt… today we chose the pattern – she likes the Patio-pattern by happyzombie; of course with her own fabric choice.
4. Perhaps it is a kind of megalomaniac for such a beginner like me – but in 2015 I want to start a Dear Jane (only start!)
5. I would like to do some paperpiecing again too.
6. I own an old sewing machine and will try to make it work … or make me working with it 🙂
7. …work on all the other UFO’s I haul along (a knitted shawl, a crocheted scarf, a knitted pullover…).
8. In any case I want to slow down a little bit, enjoy blogging without any pressure (… Oh, already three days I didn’t post anything!…), reading good books (at the moment Ten Children Ms. Ming Never Had (“Les Dix Enfants que madame Ming n’a jamais eus” by Eric Emmanuel Schmitt)and try new cooking recipes… oh, and making some new soap … and … oh, I could do some bobbin lace … but I would like to do some sculptures with soapstone again too…
Last but not least – I didn’t visit my hometown Berlin last year where my mother and also my son are living … and I definitely will do in 2015! In 2013 I visited the Berlin Wall Park with my son where the picture was shot.
DEUTSCH –> (more…)